In this session, by studying in depth how a seed leads to a fruit tree, we will learn about:
- The main functions of the seed
- How long can a seed be stored before being planted
- The surrounding phenomena for full synchronization
- The seed and nanotechnology – what’s the connection?
- How to develop a scientific model of the seed
- and much more!
Prof. Daniel Nessim joined the faculty of chemistry at Bar Ilan University in 2010 as lecturer, was promoted senior lecturer with tenure in 2015, and associate professor in 2018.
He currently leads the laboratory for the synthesis of nanostructures and is the president of the Israel Vacuum Society (IVS).
He holds a Ph.D in Materials Science and Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), an MBA from INSEAD (France), and Masters in Electrical Engineering from the Politecnico di Milano and from the Ecole Centrale Paris (ECP, within the Erasmus/TIME program). Prior to his Ph.D, Dr. Nessim spent a decade in the high-tech industry and consulting across Europe, USA, and Israel.